With Call of Duty WWII kicking off it's first 2000 Series yesterday, our Call of Duty roster was in full swing and 100% ready to advance through the bracket. Being seeded 672 out of the 1,024 teams was not ideal, but with no Pro Point carry over from Infintie Warfare, we took what we could get.
Our team was able to make quick work of our Round 1 match up against Discourse 2k (353rd Seed) as we wrapped up a quick best of five, going 3-0.
Round 1 Maps/Modes
- Game 1:Hardpoint - London Docks
- Game 2:Search and Destroy - Ardennes Forest
- Game 3:Capture the Flag - Flak Tower
Moving in to Round 2, we faced off against BYE (160th Seed). Round 2 was another quick wrap up for us as we took the win on the first three maps.
Round 2 Maps/Modes
- Game 1:Hardpoint - Saint Marie Du Mont
- Game 2:Search and Destroy - Gibraltar
- Game 3:Gridiron - London Docks
Moving into a confident Round 3, we were up against Pinkwall (416th Seed). The team chemistry was building and the confidence was high as we got setup in the lobby. Going into Game 1, we had built ourselves a 60 point lead on Hardpoint. Then the connection issues took over. We had to play Game 1 down a player and it lead to a loss. Game 2 was all set to go for Search & Destroy and with out full roster in the lobby, we dominated the London Docks. We had a nice tie setup in Game 3 and unfortunately, the connection issues began again. We ended up loosing both Game 3 & 4 to take us out of the running in this week's 2K.
Round 3 Maps/Modes
- Game 1:Hardpoint - Ardennes Forest
- Game 2:Search and Destroy - London Docks
- Game 3:Capture the Flag - Saint Marie Du Mont
- Game 4:Hardpoint - Gibraltar
While our players were certainly disappointed to be removed so early, we know exactly what held us back and it means next week, we can come back even stronger. Pinkwall had gone on to lose their next match up the 32nd seeded team.